Toggle Contrast

Report a concern with a child

The safety and welfare of children – or child protection – is everybody’s business.​​​​

You could be a neighbour, friend, parent, relative, child-minder, teacher, doctor or working for ​any organisation which has contact with children and young people.

In an emergency please dial 999​.

Otherwise you can contact the Child Protection Team:

Monday to Friday (9am to 5pm) – 01708 433222

Out of hours/weekends – 01708 433999​

Or use the document based referral form and email it to


Other agencies

  • Call Childline on 0800 1111


You can contact the NSPCC on 0808 800 5000 (free service, lines open 24 hours a day). They will listen to your concerns, offer advice and support and can take action on your behalf if a child is in danger.

You can also report concerns anonymously.

For further information or to report your concerns online visit the NSPCC website Keeping Children Safe page.

Concerns about staff working with children

Form must be completed and submitted immediately to the LADO if it is alleged that a person who works with children has:

  • Behaved in a way that has harmed, or may have harmed, a child
  • Possibly committed a criminal offence against, or related to, a child
  • Behaved towards a child or children in a way that indicates they may pose a risk of harm to children

Contact details

Havering Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO)
Telephone: 01708 431653