Toggle Contrast

How to get help

If you are worried about yourself or someone you know, there are a lot of people who can help you.  

Talking to someone you can trust, can make you feel better. This could be a teacher, your parents, a friend or a family member.  

If you think that you or someone you know is in immediate danger, call the Police straight away 999. 


You can contact childline at any time. You can call them on 0800 1111 you’ll get through to a counsellor, they’re there to listen and support you with anything you’d like to talk about. Or you can have a 1-2-1 counsellor chat online. 

Please go on their website for further information 

Otherwise you can contact the Child Protection Team: 

Monday to Friday (9am to 5pm) – 01708 433222 

Out of hours/weekends – 01708 433999​ 

Or Online you can refer via the EHM (Early Help & Troubled Families) Portal

To access the Portal, and to complete referrals, you can visit the Havering website on the below link and click the ‘Make A Referral Online’ button, which will take you directly to the Portal.
Report a concern with a child | The London Borough Of Havering

Or in emergency 999

Make a referral online 

Or use the document based referral form