Toggle Contrast

How to get help


What do you do if you are being abused or you suspect someone you know may be being abused?

If you are worried that abuse is happening to you or someone else, tell someone! 

If you or the person is in immediate risk of serious harm then call the Police – Dial 999. 

Otherwise please report abuse to us below: 

Report the abuse of a vulnerable adult 

Adult Social Services Safeguarding Adults Team 
Telephone: 01708 433 550

Adults at risk are people who are 18 and over who are vulnerable. This can include: 

  • the elderly 
  • frail people 
  • those with learning or physical disabilities 
  • people with health issues 
  • people with mental health needs  

Importantly there can be people who have social care needs but may not be known to us. 

The next steps 

  • the safeguarding adults team will receive the referral 
  • they will see if it meets the threshold for safeguarding adults 
  • if it does they will investigate further 
  • you may hear nothing, don’t be alarmed it does not mean that nothing is being done